27 February 2010

Still Crazy In The New Year

Well, I had hoped that the pace of life would calm, and give me more time to exercise... and ride. No such luck. The first two months have been at least as crazy as the twelve before it. I was hoping and praying to get in the saddle this weekend, and then it came. About 48 hours of snow. The one thing that I hate about Cleveland is it's extremes. It seems it's 95º and 85% humidity, or 25º and 8-10' of snow. there are few in-betweens, and even those suck, 40-50º and rainy.

II have been able to float around the 190# range, I have NO idea how. I haven't been eating well, I haven't been exercising (nearly at all), I haven't been riding IN MONTHS, but yet I must be doing something right. Maybe the key is minimal exercise and half watching what you're eating is enough to get by, but I need some more weight loss.

One thing that I have been considering is going to a vegetarian diet. II did go veg for a short while about ten years ago, and I seem to remember liking how I felt. I have to confess here, I did eat minimal fish during that stint, some eggs, and very minimal chicken, so I can't claim I was 100% veg. I did try to have other proteins (rather than fish and chicken) during that time, and whenever possible, but sushi was like a treat to me. Like candy!

What do you think? Any of you guys, and gals, going the vegetarian or pseudo vegetarian roll? How's it working for you? I'd love any thoughts you have on it.

Catch you soon!

2 comments:

Big Clyde said...

I can't comment on the vegetarian, but good for you for maintaining your weight. I just wanted to encourage you to move. If the cycling seems too time-intensive (and weather is not cooperating), then just walk/run, or do something indoors...my new focus is to just do something each day. That might make it easier for you when you get back to cycling.

Bluenoser said...

Hello Phunster...

-B