11 November 2009

Calling Out To The Fitness Geeks

OK, OK, OK... So it's been a hot minute since I've posted regularly. Likewise since I've seriously been turning cranks. Furthermore an eternity since I've had any serious level of fitness. I have a feeling that is all about to change. Recently I have been stressing out, and have been at home a lot more often. One major problem with that comes the serious problem of grazing. If you are not familiar with grazing, let me explain. You walk past the kitchen, do a double-take, go into the kitchen. Once in the kitchen you take ice cream, crush cookies on top, keep looking, grab the whipped cream and throw a dollop on, then move that concoction on a brownie that you warmed in the microwave, and finally cover it with chocolate. Disclaimer: I haven't done this, it was just an example I got carried away with... But now that I think of it, I wonder how much of it I have here...

Digressing... So I have a serious problem being in my home, for extended periods, stressing out, and around food. With all of that said, I have gained about 10 pounds in the last three months or so. I am officially back into the 190 range, and need to drop back to the sub 180 range. The lowest I have been in the last two years has been 180, so I think that will become my new goal. With all of the holiday's coming up, and all of the engorging that will occur, my goal will be to drop to 180 lbs by year end. Anyone on board with me?

Here's what we'll do... I don't have the time or money to do a prize this time around, and since we're publicly embarrassing Don; I still owe Bluenoser his prizes from last December. My suggestion is accountability. Set a fitness and/or weight loss goal for year end, and push for it. I don't care what you are eating, I don't care what your exercise is, so long as you're growing toward your goal. If you're not reaching the goal I will ride you, like my Rockhopper, until you do. Likewise, I'll expect that you do the same. Anyone up for it? Drop me a comment and lets get cracking. We start Monday! Hope I could get 3-5 of you to get on board, I'm sure that I can at LEAST count on Bluenoser, right? C'mon, it'll be fun, and we'll all be a bit better for it going into 2010.

9 comments:

Big Clyde said...

Cody, I am new to your blog, but would like to join you. I am in and will lose 10 lbs by 1/1/10. If you can do it, then I can too!

I am also new to cycling (and blogging) and have my first race in about 10 days. Wish me luck!

Big Clyde
clydesdale.blogspot.com

Big Clyde said...

Oops! If you want to see my blog, it is actually clydesdaleproject.blogspot.com.

Big Clyde

Highwaymunky said...

Sure thing Don, I'm hoping to shift the wobble from my stomach by christmas so i can put it all back on in 2 weeks of holiday gorging, festive, eating. I'll get my self weighed this weekend and post the target weights then

Lily on the Road said...

so, count me in...I started 2 weeks ago...

Bluenoser said...

Hey Phunster,

I'm on board. I'm at 188 and wanting 180 by years end.

Why does someone that hates boats say he's on board??

I hate boats.

-B

Cycling Phun said...

WOO HOO! Clyde (by the way, nice blog, man!). Munky, Lily and Blue (Boats LOVE you!! *sad panda*)! Glad to see you guys are "on board" I guess I'm in the same boat as Clyde and Blue in terms of wanting to drop, AND Munky in terms of wanting to tighten.

So, Here's the deal. I will weigh tomorrow, Sunday, and let you know where I am at. I am in the midst of a beer and pizza (homemade pizza) binge now, so I will say probably 191-193 tomorrow. I want 180 by 12/31/2009!

Let the games begin, right?

trio said...

Me too, I need to lose this weight I have put on. Up to 140lbs now, want to get to 133 for the new year. Then 126 for the summer.

memoirs of this binge eating triathlete said...

Wow, great idead. Thanks for letting me join in the weight loss extravaganza! I was 216 last Friday, am 214 now, & would like to see 206 by new years!

memoirs of this binge eating triathlete said...

do we post our comments on this blog post each time or on you most recent post each time?