16 June 2009

Weekly Roundup June 16, 2009

My head is by no means in a pretty place right now. I still need to find a metric sh__ load of time and friends who will get out and ride. I seriously need the ass kicking and the motivation, that you can only get with riding with a group of friends who know just how hard they could push, before they put you in an ambulance. The highlight of my days lately has been the friggin’ internet crack know as “Mafia Wars” on facebook. I’ve said all of this before, and I’ll just reiterate, I am blessed in family, and health both in my life and in my families lives. This is a good thing. What needs to happen now? I need to HTFU and stop being a whiny little bitch. With that in mind, I give you the Weekly Roundup.

Fat Cyclist: We’ll start with Fatty for a couple reasons. (1) Team Fat Cyclist has raised more than $300,000 for Lance Armstrong Foundation, and the respective Livestrong Challenge races. If I could figure out how to do it, I will see you guys in Philly. (2) It was the first blog I saw on a list and thought, “WTF?!” (3) It’s my blog and I make the rules. Fatty, too, likes to make the rules, call the shots, and generally point out peoples (including his own, to be fair) shortcomings. I, being a misanthrope, love this, on account I feel so much of society has shortcomings. Especially Christian Prudhomme. Fatty helped “C Prud” and put out his own REVISED Editorial From Christian Prudhomme, Director Of The Tour de France. Truly classic Fatty satire, the kind I’ve been missing for sometime. I’m ALWAYS down for some good FC satirical writing.

50k Loop NS: My homeboy, partner in crime, and brother in America’s hat (I say that just to rib Bluenoser) chimes in this week feeling much like I think I am. In a total TailSpin. I think the world might just be upside down. I know I have found myself pulling a Sunday kegs and eggs breakfast and making excuses to avoid church the other day. BN, we need to keep our chins up, bro, and fight on! Get out on the bike and turn some cranks! Don’t know why I just thought of this, but doesn’t some asshole owe you some stuff? Ugh, I am SO sorry… So sorry I just publicly admitted it? Yeah, that sorry.

Miles And Madness On the flipside, it seems as though Judi is doing VERY well, save the part about losing Xanex. For this, I am not bagging on you, I think Xanex would likely do me some good after the last panic attack or two. Just saying. Judi got out with Dominic on their sweet-ass fixies, and she threw together an excellent Thursday Timeline to share it with all of us.

Final note, this week, is from Ron,
Cozy Beehive: My dude in the upstate, Ron, is keeping it real with a tribute to Renewing Research Interest In Bicycles. The few blog entries that follow it are, as always, awesome as well. This one just sparked a thought in my mind that I have been going back and forth to for a while now. With all the push for green, and all the new technology, why have we all but given up on the most obvious answer?.. Cycling.

Well, that’s all I have for this week. Hopefully get the Monday night ride in next week. Use the contact me link in the upper right hand of the sidebar if you want in. Until then, I’m the Phun Cyclist, you stay classy Cleveland.

No comments: