19 August 2009

When Life Gets In The Way

This post is going to suck. It's going to suck for so many reasons. I hate to be typing the words, I hate everything about it. I feel pain, disgust, rage, shame, and so much more. For those of you who don't know, I signed up for the LiveStrong Challenge to do it for my dad. I went into it full bore, I trained throughout the winter, I made it a part of me.

Since the time I signed on for that, I lost a handful of things in my life that played with my head. Among them were an untimely loss of a family member, and my grand mother, and a good deal of pay. It's amazing how much the US economy will take a crap on a position within a company that specializes in HR. The fact that I have not received a paycheck this year is actually a positve note when you look at the fact that I still have a job, and health benefits, etc.

With all of that said, I need to have work done to my car to make it safely drivable, I need money to get to Philly, stay in Philly, eat in Philly and still feed my family. the bottom line is this: Philly is totally out of the books. The LiveStrong Challenge is out for this boy. I cannot begin to express how I feel right now. I feel as though I let those of you who donated, myself, Fatty, and most of all my father down.

Thank you to those of you who donated to Lance Armstrong Foundation. I am so sorry if you feel let down by my not riding in the Challenge this year, and hope you might understand the predicament I am facing. If there is any redeeming quality to this story, you have helped a lot of people who are suffering through a horrible time, and have helped a great cause. Thank you. On behalf of myself, as I am sure on behalf of Team Fat Cyclist, and the memory of my father.