09 September 2008

And So It Starts...

With a weekend like this we have to come to the inevitable conclusion, cold weather is just around the corner. Examples of this; The cross season has started with the Spin Euphoria 'Cross series has started. The Spin Cross My Heart And Hope To Die Willoughby Cyclocross Spectacular is (supposedly?!) just around the corner. Oh, and leaves are starting to change, it's getting chilly (especially at night) with day temps maxing out in the sixties, and with the cold comes this: Yup nights by the fire-bowl, bonfires, and (my favorite) clambakes.
Along with the change of weather, comes a change of riding gear. Throw the shorts and short sleeves back in the back of the closet to make way for the knickers, tights, long sleeves, warmers and jackets. Not to mention the road bike gives way to the cross bike, mountain bike, ss mountain bike, Pugsley ( I just love the Pugsley... I have issues that way), and the like. Which also reminds me, with the mountain bike comes things like: and the marathon cleaning sessions with the mud flying.
While there is a certain amount of anticipation for the season there is also a certain amount of anxiousness knowing that right after the cross season, er, autumn come the inevitable: I think I'm going to need to get a single speed for the winter, I hear they're great for riding in the snow.

2 comments:

Bluenoser said...

I have one thing to say... pressure-sprayer.

-B

Sher said...

fyi - if you get a single speed... it is a prereq. to wear skinny jeans. just putting that out there.