28 May 2009

Weekly Roundup May 28, 2009

Title: Weekly Roundup May 28, 2009
Subtitle: Yeah! No sh__... A Weekly Roundup!

Wow, just wow! It has been four weeks, since I’ve posted a Weekly Roundup. I don’t know how it’s possible, but facts are friendly. I am slowly falling to pieces, and going outside of my damn mind! I swear, the forty hour day that I mentioned a month ago… Yeah, not enough. I need sixty hours in a day easily. I’m just getting to the point where I want to move somewhere far away, by myself, with the bikes, and not let anyone know where I am. Ever been there? Not a pretty place. So, with that in mind, I will give you the Weekly Roundup… and hopefully I’ll be in a decent mood tomorrow.

50K Loop NS: Bluenoser has long been one of my guilty pleasures to check out at lunch. His post from Saturday had me laughing as I sat sick at home on a three day weekend, surfing the net. So You Want To Go To Sea or Have You Ever Been Blown Ashore Billy? was one of my rays of weekend sunshine in an otherwise crazy weekend. The highlight of the post was his comparisons of bike parts, and their ship related counterparts.

The Cincinnati Man: The Cincinnati Man has been lurking around my comment section lately, and I’ve really been getting into his posts. Especially when you Bring On The Cincinnati Chili Stories! I don’t think there is anything on Earth quite as good as really good Cincinnati Chili! Except maybe a couple of the beers he’s talked about recently with the Cincinnati Chili.

Highway Munky Blog: Munky has been away for a bit of a “bank holiday”, but apparently he had the time to remind us all why Ya Gotta Love Lance! Lance, no surprise here, hates cancer much like Fatty… And me for that matter! I need to get my hands one of these posters.

Fat Cyclist: Speaking of Fatty, he seems to have a humongous problem on his hands. Apparently [He Has] Not Yet Decided How To Spend This $30,000 [He Has] Just Laying Around. I swear I nearly shot diet coke out of my nose reading this. He takes a, tongue in cheek, look at what he could spend $30,000 on if he were to blow it all on road bikes. It takes a couple interesting turns as well, and two of my, ahem, favorite bikes make a guest appearance! Also, spend some time checking out the stories from the past week on all of the people who rode the “100 Miles To Nowhere” race. They are excellent stories, and were done for an excellent cause… To fight cancer.

Well, that’s all I have for this week. Next week we’re back on the Monday night ride schedule after the Memorial Day weekend. As usual, I’m the Phun Cyclist, you stay classy Cleveland.

1 comment:

Bluenoser said...

My pleasure Phunster. Here's to the 50 hour day.

-B