23 July 2009

Weekly Roundup July 23, 2009

A few days ago @Lazy Lowrydr sent me a comment to the effect, is the blog becoming a beer blog. To be honest, I don’t know. I think it’s still about cycling, but what the hell do I know right now? It’s always been a weird hybrid of cycling and fitness, and I have thrown a bit (OK a lot) of beer into it as well. I hope you are having Phun with it, as I am. I needed to have an outlet for some of the beer stuff I’ve been writing for a while now, and have been cracking into a couple beers in the cellar. Without boring the crap out of everyone, the blog has been a bit weird lately. This is mainly because I have been buried in three different jobs, one of which I might as well not have for as little as I am doing with it, the wife is working part time, and just the trials and tribulations of life. Many of the ‘regulars’ have stuck by my side, and I keep getting new reader. Thank you ALL so much for stopping in and reading, also please know that I’m peaking in at your writings daily and enjoying them! With that in mind, I want to give you a (long overdue – like a month and a week) Weekly Roundup.

Travels With A Tin Donkey: My brother in Muesli has an answer this week that I Have to admit I need! I’m not going to say I’ve got all kinds of great gear, because I don’t, but I do have my bikes (good bikes), family bikes, and all that I need to keep them in shape to the best of my ability. One thing I DON’T have that I need is this… The Bike Cave™. I am always shifting stuff all over the garage to make room for bikes, or other necessities, THIS might just be the answer.

Cozy Beehive: Ron, is keeping the engineering juices flowing with a look at ’Decommissioned Bicycles & Their Waste Stream. So what DO you do with that carbon fiber bike once you’ve wrecked and snapped it in half? What are your viable options? Check out Ron’s thoughts, and be intrigued.

Harp Rider Harp had one of those ‘imagine my surprise’ kinda moments. Apparently he found one heck of a Nice Advertisement. Why so nice? His mug is the first thing you see on it. Well, OK, his SHOES are the first thing, but… I think the photo was shot ‘cause of the shoes Harp! *wink Also, he’s recently posted a few of his race results and training posts.

Fat Cyclist: Finally, I want to end on a fairly serious note. I feel like I am not often serious, but Elden (Fatty) has had a handful of posts lately that, to be honest, I wish like hell I didn’t have to write about. As you may remember from past posts, I lost my father to cancer some years back. Sixteen years ago this past Fathers Day to be exact. Fatty’s wife is currently going through the hell that is the disease. The ballence of pain, medication, tolerance, praying for miracles, all of it. It’s all to familiar to me. I wish like hell I could wave a wand and cure all the woes of Susan, Elden, their four kids, and their entire family. I’m not going to post an article here, what I am going to ask is that you check out his blog, and donate to Lance Armstrong Foundation, Huntsman Cancer Institute, whatever you see as the best organization. Then, Pray, Pray for Susan and her family, and all of the families that have to deal with this despicable disease. Finally, leave Elden a word of encouragement in the comments section. Elden, I think I speak for SO many out there when I say we’re thinking about you guys, we love you, and you’ve truly made us feel like family. Sending Love and Prayers from Cleveand!

Well, that’s all I have for this week. Remember to be thankful for all you have, and Pray for those who don’t.

No comments: