06 October 2008

Weekend Of Debauchery

I wish I had something better to report but, unfortunately, this weekend turned out to be just that... A weekend of debauchery! OK, I guess it wasn't really debaucherous (I think I just made that word up), on account it was really just a weekend of binge drinking, and since the definition of debauchery is... Never mind that.

Friday night I had a much needed date with the wife which, of course, resulted in beer and nachos. To be fair, I had worked out Friday, so it offset about 1/8 of the nachos and beer. But, they were really good nachos. Cheese, cheese sauce, taco flavored meat, green onions, tomato, and jalapeƱos. God it was good. It was my dinner, so I only felt kind of bad.

Saturday I got together with one of my great friends to chill out, watch the THEE Ohio State University football game (they won), shoot the breeze, and have some beers... to the final tune of 115oz of Great Lakes Dortmunder. True, this may have been a wee bit excessive, but it was enjoyable. Also had a burger and a few fries. The burger was the bomb!

Sunday was a day of relaxation and a lot of walking around enjoying the few final nice days of autumn, ending in a nice fire and some good ol' fashioned marshmallow roasting! Ahhhh, there is nothing like a warm fire on a low fifty degree night. It was relaxing.

The bottom line of the weekend comes down to this. I was allowing myself to have an off weekend this weekend on account I finally hit the 180 mark. I've been bouncing around 180+/- now for about a couple of weeks, so it'll be interesting to see what Monday is like. That also means ten more to go to the goal of 170! At this point I just want to hit the 170 mark by year end. I think it's a doable goal. So, a new week starts and now back to eating better and working out more.