22 October 2008

Weekly roundup October 22, 2008

Well another Cross My Heart race has come and gone. The only thing that remains are memories, pictures and matted down grass where the race was. Now I know what needs to be done for next year, and admittedly I have a LONG winter ahead of me to do it. What are you doing to get ready for ’09? What, you think you have all the time in the world or something? Before you know it temps will drop like a lead weight, snow will fall in some of your backyards, and before you know it you’ll be knee deep in the holidays. Better watch out! Now, without further adieu, I give you the Weekly Roundup!

Ray’s Racing Adventures: Ray had a lot to say about his experience in the Spin Cyclocross Race. Ray was looking pretty good at the race, what I saw of his racing. I will admit I did not see a lot of the A’s racing on account my being bad only got exacerbated by the fact that half way through the A race. It was just a rough day all around. Anyway, I must also admit I loved Rays new(er) SS Cross bike. The Dieringer is hot, Ray!

50K Loop NS: Bluenoser seems to have been bitten by a very familiar bug. In his 20.10.08 post Bluenoser shares how he and Al agreed to do a cross race, one that was the final in a four race series, in December. Bluenoser has decided that’s not good enough, he needs to do all four! Good luck with the training and races! I can’t wait to hear how they go. Also…
One Brazing Bastard: AKA Bluenoser is keeping us waiting since 16.10.08 to hear about his funny torch story, as well as about his new frame building project.

Cozy Beehive: Ron is continuing his grand tour riding. This week he is partaking in Adventures Closer To Home: A Little Deeper Into Allegany Country, and once again the pictures are gorgeous. 50 miles, and 4400 feet of climbing in 43ºf (6ºc) weather later this is what you get. There’s not a whole lot to read, but with photographs like this who needs to read?

Fat Cyclist: I’ll leave it with Fatty, this week, who shares A Farewell To [His] Left Pinky. This is awesome. We’ve all been there. What would you be willing to give up for _____. In this case Fatty comes to the conclusion that he has a problem breaking from familiarity and tradition. What he debates at the conclusion of his blog is this; would you rather give up your favorite ride, or one of your fingers. Get it? Also, Fatty shares the excitements of his familiar rides, including the 24 Hours Of MOAB.

Well, that’s it for this week. Keep checking in if you think you could ride in Cleveland on the 26th. As usual, I’m the Phun Cyclist, you stay classy Cleveland.

No comments: