11 June 2008

Weekly Roundup June 11

Well, another day another dollar. I’m back to the Muesli diet, will let you know how it goes. Other than that I don’t know too much more, other than… The Weekly Roundup!

Fat Cyclist: I’m going to be honest, and a bit ridiculous, and just admit here that I chose The Gambler strictly because Fatty used the following statement: When you’re riding with tires that use sealant, that hissing is your cue to get really religious, really fast. Because if you pray to Alfonzo, patron saint of liquid latex and inflated rubber devices, fervently enough, there’s a decent chance that the sealant will…well…seal. And then you can ride off triumphantly, knowing that where others would have been stopped cold by such a nasty puncture, you can feel free to merrily continue on your merry way. Way to go Fatty.

Bike Munky: Bike Munky, I have to say I’m with you. My allergies have been out of control, and I’ve been saying to myself I need to get out on the road often. Also, this was a nice segue from the Fat Cyclist story aforementioned. Luckily you were Saved By A Cyclist, Fatty didn’t do so well.

Cozy Beehive: As always, I’m addicted to what Ron has to say. This week Ron debunks the myth of Rolling Resistance Of Wide Tires. A great engineering view on width of tires, and pressure.

50 Loop NS: Bluenoser shares how he is selling his soul. Oh, sorry, I mean starting to run. He says it’s only occasionally, but I am still worried. I’ve always said I will never run. A Good Thing is also a fun thought about how we could also take advantage of what we get used to seeing.

Bunny Hop Rockstar: John is back, and guess what. Whoops… Another case of a broke bike… or pieces anyway.

Well, that’s all she wrote for now. It’s getting nice, get out and get some rides in. As usual, I’m the Phun Cyclist, you stay classy Cleveland.

No comments: