18 June 2008

Weekly Roundup June 18

The laptop is back and Phun once again abounds. I called out for accountability and got a couple of responses, for which I owe a couple of people a thank you. Also, there is a weird trend in comic strips and pain this week, so I thought I’d share that with you. With that, my dear friends, I give you… The Weekly Roundup!

50K Loop NS: Bluenoser shared some advice with me by way one of his new favorite books. The Lean Look, by Paul Goldberg and Matt Fitzgerald, is a book that promises you can ‘burn fat, tone muscle, and transform your body in twelve weeks using the secrets of professional athletes’. At just under twenty bucks, Bluenoser is right; it’s cheaper than beer.

The Wah Report: Wah (Jared) chimed in with his support, by way of this. That's right, a 'Harden The F*** Up' wrist band. Thanks Jared. I’ll be sure to wear it every time I ride and follow the advice. If you want to buy some you can find ‘em on Jared’s eBay Listing.

Bunny Hop Rockstar: John shares the first of a couple of comic strips this week. Still Skipping… is a great jab at buying a bike. I suppose its humor is exponentially higher if you work at a bike shop.

Cozy Beehive: Ron is off for a bit as he gets situated in his new job. Congrats and best wishes on the move and the new job, Ron! But before he bailed he did leave us some humor to get us by until he gets back. Ayll Be Bach shares some humor in signage, a humorous editorial in an Austin news paper, and our second comic.

Highwaymunky: Bike Munky is soo right. Why as cyclists are we always In Pursuit Of Pain? I know one of the things I long for is getting out of my comfort zone. It’s almost sick, but it’s so fun.

Miles And Madness: Judi shows off her new Fuji that she recently won as she shares her Monday Madness. It looks as though she also got a sweet new set of wheels, happy riding Judi.

Fat Cyclist: If you weren’t so luck to win a bike recently, check out Fatty’s blog and you could win any number of excellent prizes. The coolest part, the money to enter goes to help a great cause. Check out more at Fight Cancer, Win A Dream Bike. Best wishes Elden, here’s hoping you help raise tens of thousands man!


Well, that’s all she wrote for now. It’s getting nice, get out and get some rides in. As usual, I’m the Phun Cyclist, you stay classy Cleveland.

5 comments:

Bluenoser said...

Now your mission is to put your bracelet on go to the bookstore and get the book. Take the weekend and read it to be able to start Monday.

-B

Judi said...

I will tag you tomorrow with that Bokk post thingie.

Judi said...

book, not Bokk.

Bluenoser said...

You've been warned phunster... look for the book.

-B

Bluenoser said...

I'm headed to bed Phunster.

Do it (as they say) Buy the Book.

-B