22 January 2009

Mmmmm, Buuurrn

You know, I have to say... There is nothing quite as invigorating as that burn you get from working out. That is, while the burn is there. Come tomorrow morning I likely will be slightly less invigorated and a lot more in pain. But it will be a good pain. The kind of pain in a can, that tastes like pain in a bottle. (Sorry for that, but does anyone else remember those Keystone Beer commercials? Their specially lined can made the beer taste as though it was beer from a bottle. Crappy, crappy beer from a bottle, but... Digressing-I digress a lot) The good kind of pain, the kind that reminds you that you have a goal and that you're now that much closer to achieving it.

Admittedly I am off of Lean Look right this moment. That's not to say that I'm just slacking, it's just to say I've found enough reasons (read: excuses) to not have the time to set aside to consciously keep up with it. I have, however, been weight training and doing cardio like a beast. Today, I got out the dumbbells and went to get work done. I got to the point where I was just in pain, soooo I grunted, deep breath, and hammered it harder. My legs and arms are actually tingling now for about an hour or so, and I'm loving it.

The one regrettable thing is that I really want to get out on the bike, but have not been able to due to some things at work and the fact that I'm not even close to my house let alone bike when there are daylight hours. I am anxious for this weekend in hopes that I will be able to get even a couple handfuls of miles in. It's supposed to be a balmy 20ºf Saturday and Sunday. One thing I would love to do is plan a snowy ride on the Ohio Erie Canal Towpath through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park just south of Cleveland. If anyone is interested in the idea, drop me a line at the contact me at the top of the sidebar.

No comments: