02 April 2009

Weekly Roundup April 02, 2009

Wow, I simply cannot believe that It’s been three whole weeks since the last Weekly roundup. I apologize for the slightly lackluster performance lately, but life has got in the way. I will still update regularly, but there may be a one or two day lapse. I will also be adding some beer updates to the cycling, and hope you find that enjoyable. I give you the Weekly Roundup.

50K Loop NS: Bluenoser is thinking about all the people trying to make a comeback and it got him to thinking, which got him to post a quickie about the kings of all Dopers. Yup, the infamous Cheech And Chong! Great little ditty, Blue, but we need to get back on the training don’t we?

Harp Rider: Harp seems to be having a rough go with 2 Out Of 3 races getting postponed. Ahh, the joys of winter, or spring (?!), weather! He did, however, get in a Kind Of Ride which, when combined with his March 31st ride, seemed like a good time. Also very glad to hear the wife is doing well! Prayers for a quick recovery Mrs Harp!

Fat Cyclist: Fatty shocks the world by admitting that his Superfly Single 29” is NOT his favorite bike! So what IS his Favorite Bike Ever? Nope, not that easy… you’ll have to read for yourself!

Bunny Hop Rockstar: One of my two shouts to Cleveland this week. John, over at Bunny Hop Rockstar, sums up what living in Cleveland is like. In one of the most eloquent posts I think I’ve ever read, John compares Bike Racing And The Rust Belt. So how is living in Cleveland like the pain of racing? Check it out for yourself.

Fat Head’s Brewery: Finally, in keeping with the beer theme, North Olmsted will be getting a new brewery. One that I cannot wait to try. Matt Cole, formerly the brewer at Rocky River and now one of the owners in the Cleveland Fat Head’s, will be opening Fat Head’s Brewery on Tuesday April 7, at 11:00 am. You can find out more about them on their Fat Head’s Brewery Facebook page. Best of luck to Matt, he’s always made some insanely good beers, can’t wait to see the new place.

Well, that’s all I got’s for this week. I promise to be more on top of things! As usual, I’m the Phun Cyclist, you stay classy Cleveland.

No comments: