08 April 2009

Weekly Roundup April 08, 2009

Woo hoo! It’s Easter! It’s also Passover! What a great time of year. It’s a solemn time, and yet so joyous. It also means chocolate covered pretzels for me! OH! It also means that spring is here! In Cleveland this means another few inches of snow, but soon enough the sun will break, and the prime riding season will be here! As I mentioned in the previous post, we will be having some group rides. The first set ride will be a weekly Monday ride in the Mentor, Ohio area. See the previous post for more info or if you are interested in joining in. I will also be adding some beer updates to the cycling, and hope you find that enjoyable. I give you the Weekly Roundup.

Travels With My Mule: Philips blog Travels With My Mule, not to be confused with Travels With A Tin Donkey-that will come later, is a new favorite of mine. His most recent post reminds me of a time I cheated on my love, er road bike, with a mountain bike. Apparently Philip will also be taking a trip across the pond. Can’t wait to hear more from you, Philip!

50K Loop NS: It seems that Bluenoser is realizing some of the same things I am. One of these things is that the year will be over before we know it. B, like yours truly, is starting to get out and hammer. My regular rides are set to start this coming Monday, Bluenoser started this weekend with a Fog Ride. Both of us are trying to get ready for a season that I’m sure will be too short. Hey, B! How goes the weight loss? Agree we shouldn’t talk about it for a bit? Heh heh heh… Hope all is well.

Harp Rider: Harp is still plagued with rough times. He got out for a ride, in less than favorable conditions, that ended up a Good Ride Killed By Flats. I can’t imagine that there is anything much worse than having to dump a ride in the cold, windy conditions because of two flat outs. Hope you’re doing well with your Lean Look, Harp. You were in far better shape than Bluenoser and I to start. I need to get back on the weight loss horse.

Fat Cyclist: Fatty shares a great post that is all over the place. A Tin Cup, A Cake, And A Penny is a great title for this, as it is SO all over the place. Good news about Susan (his wife). Susan is not doing worse, and that is great news right now. He is reading Little House On The Prairie, which has me wondering if he is really OK. Then, there’s the riding. RAWROD coming up, and a trip to a local spot on his new favorite Gary Fisher Superfly 29! Sounds like a great ride, Fatty.

Travels With A Tin Donkey: Finally, Sprocketboy chime in with the GM And Segway Announce The Vehicle Of The Future. Two wheels never looked so dangerous! Imagine a Segway, wrapped in a roll cage, with a front and rear “wheelie wheel” to stop it from tipping. The concept seems cool, but being on the road in this thing just seems scary as hell.

Well, that’s all I got’s for this week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the start of the Monday night rides. Be back tomorrow! As usual, I’m the Phun Cyclist, you stay classy Cleveland.

No comments: