30 April 2009

Weekly Roundup April 30, 2009

After a brief hiatus, the roundup is back. I’ve officially decided that I need to either find an extra 40 hours per day, or a way to cut what I am doing to 1/3 my normal day. Then I might actually have time to ride or to brew. Notice, not both… one or the other. I did, actually, manage to get a ride in this past Monday, which by the way was awesome, and it felt really good. My legs felt great, I didn’t wake up with them in pain as I have in the last month. They were strong and I just kept turning the cranks. The only problem I almost had was my breathing. Luckily I had my inhaler, so I hit it and problem solved. With that said, I’m going half cycling half beer this week when I give you the Weekly Roundup.

Fat Cyclist: Fatty seems to have a similar problem. He hasn’t got a ride in for a bit and he is having a problem with Mr Grumpy Legs. I swear he’s on to something here. His legs were, apparently, hurting and sore from not riding. I noticed a similar thing. My knees and ankles were hurting after not riding or working them for a month. Also, I felt lethargic, achy, and sick a lot while I wasn’t doing what I knew I should.
Also, while you’re at Fatty’s site, check out more info on his 100 Miles To Nowhere ride. By the time you read this, you’re a little late to sign up, but the concept makes for a great read, and it’s raising MAD, sick money for cancer.

50K Loop NS: Leave it to Blueballer, er Bluenoser to bring balls into the mix. Bluenoser not only explains the theory of Boy Trucks. Bluenoser also explains how to properly retro fit your truck, or car I suppose, to be a Buoy Truck. Nice job BN.

Ray’s Racing Adventure’s: Fellow Clevelander Ray Huang shares a question that, to be honest has me baffled. Why is it that Cars Love The Right Lane So Much? Seriously? It’s as if they’re TRYING to clip you with their rear view mirror.

Highway Munky Blog: Munky is back in the saddle and riding again, after the unfortunate and painful looking tumble. He recently took off on a Hamsterly 50K, which he admits ran short after a wrong turn. I’ve never done that… No… I’ve run LONG after the wrong turn, getting lost, and pedaling around like an ass for hours. Digressing. Of course, he cracked out the knee pads for protection, only to not fall once. Murphy and his damn law, right?

Travels With A Tin Donkey: Finally on a somber note, yet again this week. That’s right, as if the passing of Yehuda Moon isn’t bad enough a few weeks back, Sprocketboy shares a Der Spiegel story on The End Of The Beer Coaster? Say it isn’t so?! Apparently the largest manufacturer of beer coasters (beer mats, et al) has gone bankrupt! What will we do? I love to grab a “souvenir beer coaster” when I’m at a watering hole and find a coaster I’m missing.

Well, that’s all I got’s for this week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate next Monday for the continuation of Monday night rides, I’m hearing rain... But I’m not going to believe it. As usual, I’m the Phun Cyclist, you stay classy Cleveland.

No comments: