14 April 2008

Cleaning Hills For Fun And Profit... Well For Fun Anyway

Ever notice how pain just feels good sometimes? I spent a while Sunday, cold, snow, and all, working on some hills. I know that the first thing I need to get a handle on this year is hills. Last year I was happy by year end at how my riding was, but my hill riding sucked... the big one... twice. Anyway, I know that it's something I need to remedy sooner than not this year if I want to ride worth a crap. I spent a good portion of the ride today in the big ring, and was climbing in the middle, thirteen to get specific. It may not seem like a big deal, but a month ago I spent most of the time in the middle and climbed small. I will say, the hills aren't crazy big, and I'll probably have to climb the crazy big ones in small, but it's a start.
Another thing I like is the fact that I haven't jumped out on the road yet, I think the work in the woods now, will mean payday when I do finally get on the road. I know the little bits of road riding on the MTB from home to trail or one trail to the next is just a blast. Little to no real effort extended. I can't wait to see what happens when I'm on a bike that was built and geared for road riding. I'm optimistic that this season will kick some serious ass this in comparison to last.
Also, incase you missed it; Big Tom Boonen beat out Fabian Cancellara and Alessandro Ballan on the Roubaix velodrome to win his second Roubaix since his last win in 2005. Oh, and apparently You can buy wheels like Cippo, if you give a damn about them, him, whatever. That ordeal just seems like a media circus.

No comments: