18 April 2008

Mountain Biking Observations: No Need To Eat Protein Bars

As I am riding in the woods, I am going to start a group of posts to enable me to point out some observations. This is the first of said posts.
I am learning subtle things very quickly whilst I ride in the woods, one of those things took a little longer to learn than most. It took a while because there was still snow on the ground for the first couple of handfuls of rides, and sub freezing weather. Now that it's getting warm I am finding something out that is very interesting. For those of you who are not blessed to live by a large body of water, as I do near Lake Erie, let me explain something to you. It is something called the Midge.

For those of you not cursed to have the midge Id like to point a few things out. The first you can probably guess, and that is; Yes, they are completely harmless... AND extremely annoying. Two, the annoying part is because there is never fewer than 4,365,212 (give or take a few) midges in any one square foot area, and they are NEVER alone.
It is for this reason that I believe there is no reason, whatsoever, to carry a protein bar with you. It will just add weight and bulk, and you will get sixty times the protein (again, give or take) and arguably less fat in the number of these little guys you'll eat. That's not even the half of it once you start adding in mosquitos, gnats, and other various flying insects. Please allow me to be clear, I'm not complaining, I'm just making a point here.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks, and I will share more Mountain Biking Observations with you.

2 comments:

Bluenoser said...

Put garlic powder on your Fatty recommended perfect pocket food. Natural insect repellent when you eat enough.

-B

Judi said...

Gross. Gross. Gross.