02 July 2008

Weekly Roundup July 2

So many jimis this week, and so little time. I promise I will wrap up the jimi reviews tomorrow with a review of the jimi media case. This week is sort of all over the place, but it’s really quite fun overall. I do want to address one comment before I forget and give you an idea of where I am at for “The Lean Look”. Bluenoser asked if I’m going to post measurements and such, the answer is quite simple… I’m on, exactly, page three of the book. If your interested in doing it with me go buy the book and let me know. I’ll wait for you. I have so much work I don’t know when I’m going to bang through the first read of the book, but I am still shooting for next week. With that, I’m going to make the explanations short, sweet and to the point, and with that my dear friends, I give you… The Weekly Roundup!

50K Loop NS: Recently I asked Bluenoser about The Name, and in this post he gives the full answer. The truth of the matter is there are a bunch of theories, but I don’t think there is a 100% final answer on where Bluenoser comes from. Thanks for the research and explanation Bluenoser! Catch ya in the “interweb” soon, eh?

Bunny Hop Rockstar: My boy John, from the LBS (Spin Bike Shop) was lucky enough to be one of fourteen bike fitters at the 2009 Specialized Press Launch. Not only was he there fitting media, but he got an amazing write-up on Wired.com. Way to go John, congratulations!

Cozy Beehive: Ron, in his usual engineering inspired bike blog, points out a Zipp b2 Handlebar Failure. The blog post could stand on its own, but you have to check out the comments, which are coming in left and right.

Bike Munky: Bike Munky is concerned with Getting There. He was cut off into the stinging nettles, but it did get him a couple days away from work. Sorry for the crash, good to hear about the time off. Oh, and congratulations on reaching a new high in you level of fitness! I’ll be right behind you.

Fat Cyclist: Many of you may know, or not, but Fatty is largely looked upon by the cycling industry as a whole. This week he lends his amazing advice to the ASO in his Open Letter To ASO As They Make Final Preparations For The 2008 Tour de France. I have to warn you though, I was laughing so hard at work I almost spit out my lunch. Riot Fatty.

Miles And Madness: Finally Judi leaves us with a touching post. I’ve seen this before, but get misty eyed every time I see A Fathers Love. Watch it, enjoy it, and kiss your father or kids. Class act post Judi!


Well for now, try not to get so caught up in the Tour this weekend that you forget to go on a ride, OK? As usual, I’m the Phun Cyclist, you stay classy Cleveland.

No comments: