18 August 2008

Talk About The Rumored Cross My Heart And Hope To Die Willoughby Cyclocross Spectacular (CMHAHTDWCS)

With only two months to go until the rumored “Spin: Cross My Heart And Hope To Die Willoughby Cyclocross Spectacular” supposedly scheduled for October 18th. I felt it necessary to discuss some typical cross behavior that I did not notice at last years race. If you were there last year, you know it was an awesome race, and had a great draw but there were a few things missing. This year I feel as onlookers we have a certain obligation to the racers that was not fulfilled last year. So, with that said, here are a few things that I propose.
1) I think that, at bare minimum for the spectators, we should organize an unofficial kegs-n-eggs breakfast. Seriously, there’s a great bar in Downtown Willoughby that serves breakfast so why the hell not?
2) I have a fever, and the only cure is cowbell. That’s right, where the heck were the cowbells? We need to get some cowbells there guys.
3) Primes, handups, etc. to the riders. Why weren’t we tipping riders last year? I understand the park likely would freak if we were handing off beers to the rides, but why weren’t we slipping them some singles? (See photos for point of reference) Photo from Lyle Warner's Blog
Photo from Brooke Warner's Blog
I’m sure I will likely think of more things to follow, and welcome any ideas. I think that it would make for a ridiculous cool time for all those in attendance who, like me, won’t be riding this year but want to have a great time watching. Again, let me know if you’d be in and feel free to share your ideas in the comments.

1 comment:

Highwaymunky said...

Essential items + motivational tool for the riders

1. A good view

2. Comfy arm chair

3. Beers

4. Being evil!

5. Paint ball gun + balls