05 December 2008

Phun Phor The Weekend - Thank You Prodigy!

As a quick reminder, I will be riding in the Philly Leg of the LIVESTRONG Challenge. I will be riding in honor of my father who was taken by cancer on Fathers Day 1993, and as a part of Team Fat Cyclist: Fighting for Susan. I have started the journey to reach my goal of raising $2,500 for Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) and my participation in the 2009 Philadelphia leg of the Lance Armstrong Challenge. If you would like to help and donate to Lance Armstrong Foundation on behalf of my fundraising effort, you can go to my secure LAF Page, and make a secure donation. You can also track how I am doing, and there is a link to donate on the right hand sidebar of this blog. Thank you so much to those who have donated, and in advance to those of you who will!

Some of you who truly know me for sometime know of my love for the "party scene" (read that as "rave" to those who were not as in the know) back in the early 90's. I enjoyed the scene, the music, the people, and managed to keep clean and clear of the drugs... Thank God for that. Anyway, I always loved the music. The way you could feel the base, the lights and lasers, and spinning the stuff as well. I had a couple of shows, on a couple of local college stations, and made mixes as often as possible. Never really got deep enough to spin a party, wasn't my style. I never liked the stress of it. One of my favorite bands of all time is, was, and will always be The Prodigy. So, I have to say I was giddy like a school girl to see that they have a new album set to release on 02 March 2009! I know if no one else, Lisa will appreciate this... I hope you do too!

Have a Phun weekend, please donate to my Lance Armstrong fundraising, and enjoy!




No comments: