28 September 2007

You Might Live Near A Cyclist When...

There are quite a few quiet winding roads where I live. They're usually very well paved, kept pretty clean, and outside of having no shoulder and being 35+ MPH roads (cars suck - see previous entry) they're a hell of a lot of fun. Usually. Did I mention that some of them have what I like to refer to as "suicidal hills". Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm no cycling pro, or even amateur, hell I may not even be that good. But I've heard perfectly good, very serious cyclists bitch about the hills in my neighborhood. They tend to be very consistent, very steep, and very curvy. The kind that you look at, climb, say "that wasn't that bad", look ahead, see three more immediately following, cry, breakdown, repeat. Now that I've set up the picture, the big finish!
You might live near a cyclist when...


No comments: