06 December 2007

The Doily Bike

I have to do a sort of disclaimer/apology right off the bat here, actually two. First I'm sorry that I'm posting this at 8:00 PM rather than 8:00 AM, it's been a crazy day. Second if you read Fat Cyclist, this is going to be a bit of an overlap for you. If you haven't read Fat Cyclist this will become comedy gold in no time. Last night (December 5) Fatty posted a story about what might just be the greatest bike in the history of man. I will, from this point forward, refer to said bicycle as "The Doily Bike".
(Photo "borrowed" from the Interbike Delta 7 Press Kit)
Because Fatty being slightly quicker and possibly a skosh funnier than I already pointed out its resemblance to the wonderful toy the Hoberman Sphere, and for that I may not forgive him... but I am also a bit weak, so I probably will. Back to Doily Bike (mental note: need to patent Doily Bike and do something surrounding that in the future), The bike I am referring to is the Delta 7 Arantix Mountain Bike, featuring IsoTruss Technology! (duhn duhn duhhhhn!) I first saw this polished turd (if you will, and you better, it's one of my favorite descriptive terms) in a wrap-up of Interbike. I honestly didn't know what I thought of it at that time, and I still have no idea where they were going with this bad boy. I encourage you to read the post An Open Letter To Delta 7 Sports, Maker Of The Arantix Mountain Bike as well as the comments that follow. As the day has gone on it is turning into quite the beautiful thing. Also, I want to express my sorrow in the fact that I have not seen, what I thought was, the obvious comment (if someone did comment on this, again, sorry). Can you imagine sliding off the seat of this thing and grinding "the goods" across the intricate beauty of a top tube. Anyway, that's my two cents for the day, I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully better, and hopefully sooner, OK before 8:00, around dinner... Bye for now.

No comments: