14 December 2007

I Need A Fix

I'm going to start by saying I've never really been an addict. Well, save a few things in no real order: Chubby Hubby, Diet Coke with Lime, Peanut Butter M&M's, Mexican food, Italian food, and Chinese food. Notice a trend? Anyway, I think I might have a problem. It's been more than a month since I've been on a serious ride, and I'm like a fiend for a good long ride. I wake up with my bike next to me (on the floor not in bed, though my wife has made the comment she could sleep in the spare room if I want to sleep with my bike. To be honest, I don't think her tone was a happy one, just sayin') and stare at it in a borderline perverse manner. I've come to the conclusion that the trainer can't happen right now if I want to make a mountain bike happen next spring, and the computer is still shot on the elliptical. Also, it's year end and work is crazy. With that said, willpower is less than great, but I still have the power of muesli. The only downfall is that I'm only losing an average of one to two pounds per week now. A big part of this goes back to, I want to ride in the most unbelievably crazy way. I'm seriously not looking forward to another four to five months of snow and ice. Anyone else out there at this point yet?

2 comments:

Harp said...

I am already way past the point of no riding craziness. On saturaday it will be 2 full weeks without getting out on my bike. Hopefully santa brings my indoor trainer.

Bluenoser said...

A little crazy but Dec is sort an off month anyhow. Everyone needs a rest once a year. January things start in earnest training wise for me.

1-2 lbs a week is actually the safe way to go Phun. If you can keep that up through the winter the weight won't be a problem.

We ride to about -5c here as a group if the roads are bare after hat it gets iffy and dangerous.

was out last week on the 50k loop and it was nice, about 0c.

-B