09 January 2008

Weekly Roundup January 9

My apologies for the steaming pile this blog was yesterday. It was so nice I was actually trying doing things to make myself more active outdoors. A group of us took a long walk, just out doing whatever to enjoy mid-sixties in January. I’m back on the muesli, and steel cut oats. As the company says ‘Life Is Good’! *Sidebar: Work on a Life Is Good advertising deal! With that said, I give you the Weekly Roundup!

Fat Cyclist: This week, I have to admit, I am really concerned for Fatty. He’s got this thing going on, Going Nowhere For 100 Miles, that leads me to believe he might just be over the edge. It all started with Fatty buying a set of rollers. Then he got a half cocked idea to do a century on them. Now he’s made up his mind, he’s going to do the century this Saturday, but the catch is there will be money donated to charity, and you could be a part of this! So I encourage you to go to his sight, bet a few dollars, and we might just bankrupt Fatty yet. Seriously Fatty, awesome idea!

Bunny Hop Rockstar: I like John for so many reasons, they arte all bike related and I will get into them some other time. To sort of tie into the aforementioned trainer story John gives us Proper Trainer Setup. With that said, I have a couple of fans that I will sell for $150 a piece!

Let’s rock…: In order to keep the tunes fresh while you’re riding your trainer, check out iTunes Fascination. While your there check out the last few weeks posts. There are some really good stories, and one unfortunate run in with a door.

50K Loop NS: Breaking from the, thus far, trainer related roundup 50K gives us Good Doggy. All I can say is, “DAMN! Why didn’t I do this already?” In my area there is huge lots of land, and people “forget” (or something) that dogs are supposed to be leashed. I’ve been chased countless times, I could’ve used this a long time ago.

Cyclone Cross: Finally this week, a shout to a reader I’d like to dub “Parma Pal”, because it sound funny and he’s from Parma, and Parma makes me think Pierogies, and they’re just good. Sorry, I got sidetracked. It’s just a good time, like heading out for a beer after a long ride with the guys, but without the alcohol or fat. I’ve been enjoying looking at the archives, and pictures.

Well that’s it for now. OH! By the way, please take a quick minute or two to vote in the bloggies. If you would please go to the Bloggies nomination form and nominate my blog (you have to nominate three, so may I suggest you check out some of my faves to see what you think before you vote?) It would be really cool if I could pull this off after only being around for three months. May I suggest the "Best New" or "Best Kept Secret" or "Best Topical Blog" Category as an awesome place start? I'd appreciate it very much if you'd take a minute to do this for me. And thank you for your support.

No comments: