31 October 2007

Weekly Roundup October 31st (Happy Halloween!)

Happy Halloween to one and al, any good costumes? Here’s the weekly roundup for this week. I apologize for taking the extra day to get this out, but I think it’s worth it.

Spin Bike Shop: I know, it’s the third week I’m mentioning this, and the second time this week. This should prove that I really dig these guys and that I have a strong feeling the event is going to be cool as heck. If nothing else, remember it’s in a suburb outside of Cleveland… there could be snow! November 10th, Spin will be hosting the Cross my Heart and Hope to Die Willoughby Cyclocross Spectacular at Todd Field in Downtown Willoughby, Ohio. For more information and to register go to the Team Spin site.

Fat Cyclist: Once again “Fatty” has been banging out the blogs. This weeks fave for me is Allure. A story about the bikes Elden has owned (too many to count) and the sweet customs that are currently being built. You need to read the comments to fully appreciate how many really cool custom handmade bikes are out there and being built. Elden “Fatty” Nelson has also been busy with his weekly column at Bike Radar. This week he gives us How To Be A Quick Change Artist. For those of you who just don’t want to get caught changing in the parkinglot, or just don’t have the time, Fatty breaks down the artistry of changing while riding.

Competitors Radio Show: The two podcasts that I’ve been addicted to like crack lately have been out a while. The reason I pulled them back out is that all of the talk about the Tour de France and, because of TDF, doping have been fresh on my mind. The podcast is a two part series with author David Walsh. Walsh wrote the books “LA Confidential”, and “From Lance To Landis”. The books have caused a great deal of controversy in Walsh’s accusations of doping in the Tour, especially in regards to both Armstrong and Landis. You can download the two podcasts here: David Walsh (Part I), and David Walsh (Part II)

Hottie Of The week: Once again I am bringing this back just for Matt. This week I’m going to be a total schmuck, why? Simple, I can! I am going to go so far out on a limb for this weeks hottie, but I have a reason. My hottie this week came up in a conversation over the weekend. She is a fellow Italian (plus 500 points). Furthermore I feel she is what I would like to call a “Justified Hottie”. While she is not a part of the cycling world, her hotness allows me to make an executive decision and make her the hottie of the week. Also it’s my blog, so nyah! Without further adieu Giada De Laurentiis.

Bike Snob NYC: This post went up the day of my last roundup, and missed making that list. So here it is now, Worst Of NYC Craigslist Bike Ads 28-32. A great look at the steaming piles that wind up on Craigslist, and the outrageous amount of money people want for them. Also, have to throw kudos out to Bike Snob for getting an interview and pictorial in Bicycling Magazines December issue.

That about covers my week of distractions. Until tomorrow.

No comments: