19 November 2007

Thanksgiving Feast

As Thanksgiving approaches, I would like to take a moment to share a few things with you. Mainly, what I will be having this Thursday for dinner. Those of you, who know me, know that I like to cook (and eat). But I prefer to cook crazy insane meals, not just simple “dinner”. So, Thanksgiving is one of the times of year I love. The thing that sucks this year is that I am in the midst of serious weight loss, and am (luckily) coming off of Fatty’s Weight Loss Challenge. So what does this mean for my annual Thanksgiving feast? Simple. I am going to feel just horrible about putting the five or so pounds I just lost back on! Really, I will feel bad. Especially since I still have yet to receive my trainer. It is not, however, going to change my original feast plans, which will be the following:
Appetizers:
Beer Cheese (my infamous “secret recipe”)
Deviled Eggs (It’s a weird family thing)
Shrimp Cocktail
Veggie Platter (OK, so I don’t want to feel too guilty)
Main Course:
The Turkey (Rubbed with no less than one stick butter)
Stuffing (The wife’s family recipe – was told I die if this one gets out)
Fatty's Famous Mashed Potatoes® (OH MY GOD!)
Green Bean Casserole (Plenty-O-French Fried Onions)
Homemade Cranberry Sauce (One of two recipes, I’ll give both – one contains bourbon)
Sweet Potatoes (With a bag of marshmallows if I can help it)
Dessert:
Pumpkin Pie (And whipped cream, duh)
Turtle Cheesecake
Drinks:
Minimum two pots of coffee (unless other people expect to drink some)
Great Lakes Brewing “Christmas Ale” (One of the best beers ever made)
Plenty of Water (Again, some health)
Followed by a fresh leftover turkey sandwich while near comatose undoubtedly on the couch, and undoubtedly while watching TV.
So, with that being said anyone who might like any recipes for any of the aforementioned items please drop me an EMAIL. I do have to warn you that I am not allowed under any circumstances to give up the family recipe stuffing, but all others I would be happy to share with you. Fatty’s Mashed Potatoes are SO worth the email (thanks for giving the recipe up Fatty!). I’d also like to wish all of the readers a very Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you enjoy the time with your families and/or friends, and expect the diets to start again by Monday!

No comments: